We’re partnering up with Grimm & Co for Inspiring Happy Writers, a practical training day on 10 November 2023, exploring imaginative approaches to teaching writing for teachers and artists. If you are a primary teacher, researcher or artist interested in developing or learning new creative approaches to teaching literacy, this event is for you.
About this Event
The day will include practical sessions from teachers and practitioners using drama, visual arts and story-making. We welcome teachers who are new to using the arts in the curriculum as well as experienced arts educators looking to re-fresh or inspire their existing practice.
What to expect on the day?
– A practical workshop by Chol, introducing their ‘Imaginary Communities’ approach to teaching writing
– A practical workshop by Grimm & Co, exploring their ‘Creative Courage’ techniques for teachers and pupils
– An opportunity to connect with other creative organisations, funders and artists
– A panel discussion focused on Care, Courage and Creativity
– A sneak preview of the new Grimm & Co Emporium of Stories
– An insight into Rotherham’s plans to host the world’s first Children’s Capital of Culture
By the end of the day, you will have learnt new techniques to help you feel confident to try imaginative approaches to teaching writing in Key Stage 1 and 2.
Join our community of creative practitioners who promote care, creativity and courage in classrooms.
The cost of the conference is £35 and the day will run from 9.30am – 3.30pm. Price includes refreshments, snacks and lunch along with a take away goodie bag.
The event is taking place at Grimm & Co, Ship Hill, Rotherham, United Kingdom
Made possible with funding from Arts Council England and Paul Hamlyn Foundation.