PLEASE NOTE – THIS EVENT WAS CANCELLED DUE TO STORMS! NEW DATE TBC.
Birds, Brass and Barnsley Tales (free entry!)
– Games on our Lawn: can you hook-a-duck or win at the coconut shy?
– Barnsley Brass Band play 1:30-2:30pm. Barnsley Brass
– Watch our show, A Flock of Stories, a play of pits, people and pickets, based on local people’s memories of Barnsley’s coal mining heritage. Performances at 12noon and 3pm on the lawn. Please bring camping chairs with you.
– National Coal Mining Museum- discover hands-on coal mining history with Home – National Coal Mining Museum (ncm.org.uk)
– Plus crafts: make a banner to join the Women against Pit Closures in A Flock of Stories and help wildlife in your garden by making a bird feeder.
RSPB Old Moor is South Yorkshire’s best kept secret: a place to spot some wonderful nature, explore and discover with the kids or just walk around in peace and quiet. There’s lots to do as a family with the new sensory garden, playground, wild play areas, discovery backpacks and toddler trail. Or, discover a hidden gem away from the hustle and bustle to enjoy nature and take a breather; you could even try the Natural Wellbeing trail.
Stop off at the café for hot food, cake and enjoy a hot drink with a view on RSPB’s balcony with stunning views across the reserve. The shop sells a fantastic range of gifts for all ages, cards and wildlife care products so you can create a nature haven in your own outdoor space.
Car parking is free.
Made possible by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.